When it comes to nail trends, there’s nothing more popular than matte nails these days. It seems like half of the celebrities out there are rocking this trend, and we’re not surprised – it looks amazing! But before you rush out to get yourself a matte navy blue manicure, make sure you know what exactly you’re going to be getting into! Just because the trend sounds great, doesn’t mean it fits with your lifestyle or even looks great on your hands. Here are some things to consider before you go out and get your very own matte navy blue nails…
What Are Navy Blue Matte Nails?
Matte navy blue coffin nails and matte navy blue acrylic nails are a stunning shade of dark blue that gives off an air of mystery and sophistication. Though, if you are thinking about wearing these navy blue matte nails you will have to maintain them as they do require more upkeep than normal polish. To achieve a matte look with these dark blue nails you will have to apply your nail polish in thin layers and avoid using top coat on your entire nail when using either of these color options. If you do apply top coat make sure that you only use it on your tips rather than across your entire nail. If done correctly, navy blue matte nails can be extremely elegant while also being fun and daring. They add personality to any look or outfit while making a bold statement at the same time! Whether you wear them with a formal dress or jeans and a t-shirt these navy blue matte nails are perfect for anyone looking to stand out from their peers.
How Do I Get Navy Blue Matte Nails?: Getting dark blue matte nails is simple; all you need is some patience! Start by cleaning your hands thoroughly before applying a base coat to protect your natural nails from staining (if necessary). Next, choose your favorite shade of deep blue nail polish (either true navy or slightly lighter) and paint each individual finger one by one; remember not to use top coat yet. Let each layer dry before adding another until you reach your desired thickness.
The Most Popular Shades of This Color
Matte navy blue nails are one of those shades that seems like it should be a staple. However, if you walk into a salon with one request—blue nails—there’s no guarantee that you’ll end up with a shade of navy blue. Instead, most salons will ask for your preference for finish (matte or glossy) and then do their best to match it. Some newer technology out there is able to create nearly perfect matches, so don’t be afraid to push back if you want an exact color. For example, if you’re looking for matte navy blue coffin nails, make sure to specify that from start to finish. Otherwise, you might end up with a different shade altogether!
There are many reasons why matte navy blue acrylic nails have become such a hot trend in recent years. For starters, they’re classic but not boring. Navy can also look great on any skin tone and doesn’t require any special prep work before application (just make sure your hands are clean). Plus, they’re surprisingly easy to maintain; while some people opt for regular manicures and pedicures just as they would with other colors, others find that wearing matte navy polish requires less maintenance than glossier options. It all depends on what works best for you!
Ways to Get This Look in 7 Steps
- Paint your nails a navy blue.
- Apply matte top coat.
- Use nail polish remover to clean up around your cuticles and apply matte top coat again.
- Apply a thick layer of matte top coat (don’t worry about it being streaky).
- Let dry, apply another thick layer, and let dry again—this is to prevent chipping after you use regular polish remover to clean up around your cuticles (yes, you’ll have to do that one more time).
- Seal in your new matte look with a glossy top coat.
- Enjoy your new matte navy blue coffin nails!
10 Tips on How to Wear This Trend
- Choose a navy blue shade with a matte finish. This ensures that it won’t appear glossy and outdated.
- Opt for acrylic nails over regular ones because they’re more durable and tend to last longer without chipping or cracking as easily.
- Matte nails are incredibly trendy right now, so you don’t want to cover them up by using long false nails that have designs on them or accent color.
- Don’t use too much nail polish remover while taking off your old manicure. If you use too much, your new matte navy blue nails will get discolored from all of the acetone in your nail polish remover.
- Matte nails look great when paired with other neutral colors like nude pink and light browns—but if you want to add a pop of color, go for something bright like fuchsia or purple instead of red or orange because those colors can clash with navy blue tones.
- If you wear jewelry regularly, consider switching out your gold pieces for silver since matte navy blue acrylic nails look best against silver jewelry.
- You should also avoid wearing white clothing with your new matte navy blue nails.
- Consider having an extra set of matte navy blue acrylic nails just in case one breaks or chips before you have time to replace it.
- When applying top coat, make sure not to brush it onto any surrounding skin because doing so could cause irritation due to its high concentration of chemicals.
- While matte navy blue nails are certainly trending right now, keep in mind that trends come and go quickly—so be sure not to invest too much money into getting them done professionally unless you know for certain that you’ll continue wearing them throughout 2023 (and beyond).
Why Matte Navy Blue Acrylic Nails Become Popular
Matte navy blue acrylic nails are becoming a big trend. It is easy to maintain and look perfect for hours. This kind of nail requires very little maintenance. You will not have to worry about frequent trips to nail salons in order to keep your nails looking perfect every day. In addition, matte navy blue acrylic nails give you a bold and striking look that many women find appealing. These types of artificial nails are used for either just special occasions or on a regular basis. They are offered in a variety of styles and colors, making it possible for most people to find something they like in terms of appearance and functionality. Matte navy blue acrylic nails require minimal upkeep. With these types of nails, there is no need to go through a lengthy process each time you want them done again. Instead, all you need to do is get new ones applied when necessary. With these kinds of artificial nails, there is no need for constant upkeep such as applying polish or using other products in order to make them look good. As long as they are properly maintained, matte navy blue acrylic nails can last up to two weeks without any problems at all before needing replacement.
When choosing matte navy blue acrylic nails , ensure that they are high quality and made from durable materials so that they can last as long as possible with proper care and maintenance.
If you’re looking for a way to spice up your nails, navy blue matte nails are definitely your go-to. Navy blue is a deep and bold color that will instantly make any outfit pop. If you’re feeling hesitant about trying out a new nail trend, go with a neutral color like navy—it looks great on everyone! Just don’t forget to keep your nails neat and tidy; when it comes to nails, there’s no such thing as too clean. Matte finish can add another layer of dimension to the design but still keeps things simple and classic. All in all, if you want something different from what you’ve seen before, navy blue matte nails are exactly what you need.