The large-scale growth of IoT and its applications have brought significant changes to the whole IoT ecosystem. IoT solution providers in Bangladesh are also leveling up their game to acquire the fourth wave of tech revolution in the industry. The advent of IoT has made this revolution even more possible. Competitive companies’ IoT solution providers in Bangladesh are taking up the monopoly in the market as performance and preciseness in the technology IoT matters most to the selling point. Even SMB (Small Medium Business) in Bangladesh is creating different sectors for IoT solution services as everyone wants to incorporate Smart technologies starting from banks to big business entities. Vendoring this responsibility to a third party for handling IoT device firmware and software play a significant part in determining the overall performance and behaviour of the IoT service. As the technology of IoT has no human involvement, the mechanisms that manage recovery from IoT service failure need to be built into IoT devices.
IoT or in full form Internet of Things is the game changer in the Tech world and has grabbed its monopoly over the tech market for years now! It has become the most popular technology in every aspect of life starting from education to irrigation in horticulture. IOT has diffused its way in every walk of life, IoT is the technology to make everything in life easier to and have in control at the tap of a button or remotely, for example getting to switch off lights and other electronics at the tap of a button even when one is not home!
IoT, “Internet of things” explains the technology when we connect suitable semiconductor sensors and microchips, equipped with sensors, actuators, and processors that are connected to a physical hardware device that exchanges data and information over the internet to change its operation to make lives easier for human beings.
To accept it simply, IoT solutions have made a connection between people, process, and things. Before the advent of IoT there was no technology that could bring these three under one connecting link, where just simply the sharing of information and data could make things so much easier in life. Now that we can connect everyday objects like – kitchen appliances, household appliances and switches – via the internet through embedded devices everything is ready at the tap of a button.
With lower computational capacity, cloud computing, big data and data analytics and recent mobile technologies, tangible hardware devices can share digital information and data without any intervention of humans. In this extreme flux of connectivity in the tech world today, digital, or Smart systems can now record, monitor, and adjust every connectivity between the physical things and the internet, this is the new connectivity flux between the physical and the digital world.
IoT has been existing in the industry for years now, but there are certain measures that make IoT services and service providers make IoT applications more practical. The certain measures are listed below:
- Sensors, microchips, and microprocessors that are cost efficient, reliable, and available are making IoT technology more easily achievable for manufacturers.
- Internet, wireless connectivity of the internet, allows the connection between the sensors to the cloud, to the physical hardware devices.
- The increased availability of cloud computing platforms made it easy for data transferring that is both beneficial for business and consumer and enables both businesses and consumers to access the data they need.
- Improvement in Machine Learning and Analytics made everything faster to access and pushed the boundaries of IoT, also in return the data produced from IoT also feeds the technologies of machine learning.
- Conversational Artificial Intelligence (NLP) for example – Alexa, Cotana, Siri etc., made it easier for IoT to be household friendly.
Industrial IoT refers to the application of IoT in the industrial sectors like – especially with respect to instrumentation and control of sensors and devices that engage cloud technologies. Creating automations and machine to machine communication with the help of IoT have escalated the application of IoT in the industry. Along with the IoT, business companies have evolved new revenue models and profits, it is also said to be the fourth industrial revolution. The following are some common uses for IoT:
- Smart manufacturing
- Connected assets and preventive and predictive maintenance
- Smart power grids
- Smart cities
- Connected logistics
- Smart digital supply chains
The following industries have benefited from IoT:
- Manufacturing: Manufacturers benefit from the IoT by live monitoring of the production line, this helps them gain a better grip on the maintenance of equipment when a possible failure is detected.
- Automotive: IoT, AI and automation go hand in hand. Applying IoT to production lines and sensors can also detect failure in vehicles and other hardware devices. Sensors can detect failures earlier and alert the users and because of the aggregated information gathered by IoT-based applications
- Transportation and Logistics: Cars, trucks, ships, and trains that are usually used for industrial purposes like inventory, transportation can benefit from IoT applications. Having IoT used to predict the weather conditions, traffic conditions, and other mechanical failures helps the transports either to take a different route or not enroute at all.
- Healthcare: To turn on or off a certain machine remotely if it goes on for more than necessary specific timing. Sometimes it might be used to detect assets as well, for example, count in wheelchairs, or essential assets that need to have a count and should not be misplaced.
- Industrial safety measures: IoT can be used to improve the safety of the environment of the workers. Hazardous work environments, for example, mines, fire, gas fields, power plants etc. incorporate IoT to predict any ordeal beforehand. When the environment has IoT technologies implanted they can be notified of accidents or rescued from them as swiftly as possible.
With BJIT, you can extend your supply chain, ERP, SAP, CMS, CRM, and customer experience (CX) applications to the digital world with the help of our IoT services. With the state-of-the-art intelligent algorithms, AI, and digital support of our IoT technologies the functional efficiency of workers and the operations are enhanced. This also helps to create new business models and opportunities for both BJIT and the client companies.